Living Well Bradford - looking after your health and wellbeing while staying at home
Living Well Bradford aims to make the healthy choice the easy choice for people in Bradford District.
Our health can be affected by choices we make and the communities where we live, work and play.
Lots of people live with long term health conditions. Our goal is to lower the cases of these often preventable health conditions and to help people live longer, healthier lives.
Under the current circumstances this is even more important than ever.
To help, Living Well Bradford has put together some important advice about how to maintain your health and wellbeing while you and your family are staying at home, and staying safe.
The advice includes:
- Information on physical activity and healthy eating
- Being in isolation and managing relationships
- Managing your alcohol intake while self-isolating
- Support with smoking and drug use during the pandemic
You can find out more by visiting our Coronavirus – Health and Wellbeing Advice
Do you need help or support?
If you need help or have a particular need please ring and talk to one of our friendly team who will take some details and pass them onto the relevant service. Call 01274 431000.
We can help by:
- picking up shopping
- delivering a food parcel to eligible people
- ringing for a friendly chat
- problem solving
See our website for more information about local support and volunteering to help others.
Are you concerned about someone's safety?
If you have a concern about the safety of a child or a vulnerable adult, do not keep it to yourself. Report your concern on the Safer Bradford website. We’re available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- For children 01274 435600 (01274 431010 out of office hours)
- For adults 01274 431077 (01274 431010 out of office hours)
- If someone is at immediate risk of harm call 999
Don’t think, “What if I’m wrong?”. Think, “What if I’m right!”
Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Stay safe while out for exercise
Please follow the Government’s advice when leaving your home for exercise and observe the 2 metre rule for staying a safe distance apart. For more information about where you can walk in the Bradford district, and how to stay safe while you do so, visit our public green space and rights of way guidance page.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online. Use the NHS 111 online service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 online coronavirus service at 111.nhs.uk/covid-19/