Schools update for families with key workers and vulnerable children
We know this is a very challenging time for parents and carers across our district. Our priority is protecting vulnerable children, making sure children are fed and that key workers’ children are cared for during the day.
The government has announced that due to Coronavirus (Covid-19), schools will close on Friday 20 March for the foreseeable future, except for children who are vulnerable or whose parents are key workers. The government has issued guidance about the children of Key Workers (whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response) and for children who are vulnerable. Schools and all registered childcare providers have been asked to continue to provide childcare for these children.
We are working with schools to ensure as many of them as possible are open from Monday 23 March to relieve pressure on families and key workers.
You can find more information about key workers here.
You can find details and advice on school closures in on our website.
For parents of children under 5 looking for childcare as a result of the closure of schools and childcare settings, please use the Bradford Childcare Finder to assist you. If you need further help to find childcare please e-mail email@example.com and a member of the team will contact you.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
The advice from the NHS is to protect yourselves and reduce any risks by practicing good hand hygiene. Specifically:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are not clean
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online. Use the NHS 111 online service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 online coronavirus service at 111.nhs.uk/covid-19/