Free COVID-19 test kits
Available to collect from selected pharmacies in Bradford
NHS Test and Trace, working with NHS England and NHS Improvement and Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire, are making free COVID-19 swab tests available for collection from a number of community pharmacies in Bradford as part of the Bradford Community Pharmacy Pilot starting in January 2021.
The aim of the scheme is to make the COVID-19 tests more accessible to the general public and increase the number of tests for symptomatic patients. If the Bradford pilot is successful the scheme will then be rolled out nationally.
Free COVID-19 test kits can be collected from selected pharmacies; there is no need to reserve or book a test.
Just send someone to pick up a free test kit for you if:
- they don’t have symptoms
- they are outside your household and not in your support bubble
You can collect a test kit from these selected pharmacies.
How it works:
- Send someone without symptoms and not in your household (or support bubble) to pick up the test kit from the pharmacy.
- Before you take the test register your test kit details online.
- Take the swab and package it, following instructions provided in the kit.
- Post the completed test kit at your nearest Royal Mail Priority post box on the same day you take the test.
Check collection times of your nearest priority post box at: https://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you#/
5. You should get the test results by text and email within 2-5 days after returning the kit.
If you have not received your results after 5 days, call 119.
Please do not go to the pharmacy if you have COVID-19 symptoms, ensure that you send someone from outside your household / support bubble who does not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Coronavirus testing in Bradford District
If you live or work in the Bradford District there are now several different ways you can get a test for COVID-19 including mobile testing units, home testing and lateral flow testing.
Find out more about where you can go to get tested and where are home-testing teams will be visiting in over the next week.
Remember: Hand, Face, Space
- Maintain 2 metres social distancing from people you do not live with
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in public places and where you can’t keep 2 metres apart from others.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water when leaving the house and returning and regularly throughout the day. When soap and water is not available outside of your home use hand sanitiser.
Do you need help or support?
If you need help or have a particular need please ring and talk to one of our friendly team who will take some details and pass them onto the relevant service. Call 01274 431000 or for BSL text 07790 347389.
See our website for more information about local support and volunteering to help others.
COVID-19 Vaccine information
The NHS have provided partners with information on the latest COVID-19 vaccines including a list of FAQs. This page will be updated as and when more information is made available.
Are you concerned about someone's safety?
If you have a concern about the safety of a child or a vulnerable adult, do not keep it to yourself. Report your concern on the Safer Bradford website. We’re available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- For children 01274 435600 (01274 431010 out of office hours)
- For adults 01274 431077 (01274 431010 out of office hours)
- If someone is at immediate risk of harm call 999
Don’t think, “What if I’m wrong?”. Think, “What if I’m right!”
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
UK Government guidance and support
NHS coronavirus advice and information
Support for local businesses
Support for keeping your mind healthy
Support for unemployed residents