Information on school and childcare provision across the Bradford District
The latest information on which schools will be open for the children of key workers and vulnerable children from Monday 23 March is available here.
Please be aware that this situation may change depending on the availability of school staff.
If your usual school is not open to children, and there is no alternative suggested on the list, please call the school office for advice on which alternative school they can attend.
For parents of children under 5 looking for childcare as a result of the closure of schools and childcare settings, please use the Bradford Childcare Finder to assist you. If you need further help to find childcare please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will contact you.
The Government has published information on who is a key worker.
The Government has also published information about the closure of schools for parents and carers of children at registered childcare providers (including nurseries and childminders), primary and secondary schools and further education colleges.
Further information, advice and guidance on schools is also available on our website.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME IF YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO OUT
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
The advice from the NHS is to protect yourselves and reduce any risks by practicing good hand hygiene. Specifically:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are not clean
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online. Use the NHS 111 online service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 online coronavirus service at 111.nhs.uk/covid-19/